The City of Hot Springs will accept applications until 5 p.m. on Friday, November 15, 2019, for a total of 10 volunteer positions on various City advisory boards and commissions.
Applicants must be registered voters of the City of Hot Springs, unless otherwise specified. Board and commission members are appointed by the Board of Directors and meet in the Board Chambers at City Hall, 133 Convention Boulevard, unless otherwise specified. The openings include the following:
- • One opening for a city resident on the Animal Control Advisory Committee. This committee assists the Animal Services Department in evaluating policies and procedures, including public education efforts concerning responsible pet ownership. Meetings are held as needed.
- • One opening for a city resident in District 2 (Director Elaine Jones’ district) on the Community Development Advisory Committee. The committee evaluates and establishes operating policies and procedures for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, and meets at 1 p.m. on the first Thursday of the month.
- • Two openings for city residents on the Planning Commission. One position is for a city resident in District 1 (Director Erin Holliday’s district), and one position is for a city resident in District 6 (Randy Fale’s district). This nine-member, two-alternate member group reviews all land development proposals within the city and subdivisions inside the city and within its adopted planning area to insure compliance with the Zoning and Subdivision Codes. Meetings are held at 6 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month.
- • Two openings for city residents on the Transportation Advisory Committee. This seven-member committee assists the Board of Directors and city staff in the establishment of policies for the city’s public transit system, as well as public transportation issues of a general nature. Meetings are held as needed at the Transportation Depot.
- • Four openings for city residents on the Urban Forestry Committee. The purpose of this five-member committee is to promote, protect and enhance the beauty, environmental benefits and general welfare of the Hot Springs urban forest in an advisory role for the Board of Directors. Members serve a term of four years. Meetings are held at 5:30 p.m. on a quarterly basis in the Parks Conference Room at the City Hall Annex Building, 111 Opera Street.
Applications are available online at www.cityhs.net or in the City Clerk’s office at City Hall. For information contact Leigh Leaverton at 501-321-6805.